3-1-0 NJ Devils vs 1-4-0 NY Rangers. Yup, not a typo. Sadly
Ondrej Pavelec is starting his first game, but this is not his first appearance. He is playing against his fellow backup Kinkaid.
Jesper Fast returns from offseason surgery tonight. A little earlier than expected. There could be some other lineup changes, but we will not know until the warmups. I won’t be around to update. You know, HAV and all…
Both teams lost their respective games last night, so expect some bad mood all around. Hopefully, that doesn’t include this blog 🙂
Have fun! And LGR!
Good morning, boneheads!
This is the worst start for this team in years. They look disjointed, poorly coached, and without any plan or structure. It isn’t about the effort anymore. Can it be fixed? No doubt. Will they? Remains to be seen. Playing veterans to win some games didn’t work so far, what’s next for AV and Co?
Something else is going downhill, sadly. This place. I’ve been reading this blog long before I joined it, and couldn’t make myself to be a part of it because it was dirty, nasty, with a lot of personal attacks. Even though it still had a good amount of knowledgeable, hockey savvy fans, it wasn’t something one would enjoy. Until Carp took over. Carp, Jane, and later Mama, cleaned it up very fast. And it became the place to go, became a community. After Carp couldn’t do it anymore, Doodie decided to keep it alive for us. We all hope that some day Carp can fully participate again.
For now, let’s keep it civil, please. It’s obvious that the personal attacks, and using inappropriate language by some is prompted by the way this season has been going so far. And I have no doubt that people resorting to that type of behavior only display it in places like ours, and not in their lives. I’m sure it’s not affecting their love ones.
Let’s apply the same rules here, please. Otherwise this place will fall apart. People who do not want to help maintaining a civil environment can go elsewhere. Simple like that. We are all adults, we can tolerate a good amount of humor. But c’mon, read some of the posts.
Let’s keep it civil. Please?
well my plan to schedule Go Time in advance clearly failed sorry boys
HAV at it! go Rangers!
Our boys (Daily generated defensive pairs and all) are in Columbus tonight and we’ll have a GO Time thread but I figured I’d put up a clean post for vents, rants and grievances. If not yours then my own.
HAV at it!
‘We have a treat today as Papa Bear has done a review for us after having the chore of watching that game live at MSG last night. Just a quick thought on last night’s loss– With the amount of roster turn over they’ve had I didn’t expect instantaneous chemistry. But I also didn’t expect 3 losses in 4 games and what has been a serious problem with decision making and puck possession. Ryan Mcdonagh spoke afterwards about the need for a complete game and a strong start. We’ve been hearing that for a long time now and it hasn’t fixed itself so what’s the solution?Most alarming is the coach’s demeanor last night. He looks like a guy searching for answers and searching for ways to fill out this roster. Anyway, without further rambling from me here’s Papa Bear’s Review:
Well, I did it. I went to the game at the Garden last night keeping my streak alive at 50 years in a row (minus the lock-out). It was a night out with Sonny Boy who is now 28. Took him to his first game 25 years ago. So we both kept our streaks alive. Unfortunately, this was a real snooze-fest. Here are some thoughts and observations.
- The Garden was quieter than a funeral home. The noise level picked up only during stoppages due to that very large technological apparatus (big screen TV?) hanging over center-ice which blasted at ear breaking decibels. At times I felt as if I was imbedded in the middle of a crummy video game.
- The bottom bowl was, at best 20% empty. “Where have all the fans gone? A long time coming.”
- I had the pleasure of sitting next to the smartest fan in the history of the NHL. He was the reincarnation of Stan Fishler; white hair, white beard, false teeth and useless trivia. He proudly wore his #30 sweater….No really, he was very smart….I was on the edge of my seat all night as he was barking madly at every Ranger who touched the puck. He actually took the time to tell me during a stoppage in play that Shattenkirk “has a chance to be the first Ranger Dman to win the Norris since Brad Park”. No kidding.
- During the first intermission, while on line waiting to use the men’s room, a woman walked out of a stall without a word being said. As she walked past, I said to her…”I hope you flushed” she said “why? Are you hungry?” She won that interaction.
- OMG…Last call for beer was the end of the 2nd period…..not that there’s anything wrong with that…. but I come from the 60/70’s era when players beat fans with their shoes for fun, while the rest of us finished our beers and cursed.
- Now, to the game…..ugh.
- Team had no transition game….from defense to offense or vice er versa. Very spotty cohesion from defense to forwards. Gap control-what’s that?
- Neutral zone play wasn’t AHL worthy. No speed, poor puck decisions, unnecessary icings..
- Board play and puck battles were lacking true competitive effort. Many culprits, too many to single out.
- Puck possession in gritty areas? . “I don’t want this thing, you take it!”
- A few bright spots – players who stood out…#89. At times #10, 26, 36, 93
- Sholuld have called in sick: ….#22, 61, 13, 20, 47, 51, 28, 25
- The interpretation of the rules by the referees is borderline ridiculous. Are they trying to reinvent the game? If so why? Let the men play!
- #51 is no Oscar Lindbergh, not even close.
- Staal didn’t stand out good or bad…which was surprising.
- New addition from waivers #25, slower than Rupp , if that could be, but I hear he’s good in the dressing room.
- #28, ……should be Hartford-bound soon.
- Looked like they really miss Fast (wow, what does that say about this team?)
- The fans are getting restless and AV’s days may be numbered. Ruff the next to walk the plank? Ugh.
- The area around the Garden reminded me of the late 70’s and 80’s. Filthy, trash in the streets, thick smell of urine, homeless camped out, aggressive panhandlers and street hustlers everywhere. What a shame. Thanks Mayor DeBlasio!
- I think it may be a long year. First game I remember saying to myself, this is like watching paint dry.
7:00 PM on FSMW, MSG Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York-
Our boys host the 3-0 Blues tonight. Recently acquired waiver claim Adam Cracknell will make his debut tonight for the Rangers who are looking to make it two wins in a row.
ICYMI earlier, the Rangers assigned first round pick Filip Chytil to the Hartford Wolf Pack yesterday after being scratched Sunday against Montreal
Brendan Smith will be a healthy scratch for the second consecutive game along with 21 year old defenseman Anthony DeAngelo.
HAV at it….
To answer Wicky’s question from 1 o’clock this morning: No. as in no time for a game review this morning but I wanted to give you guys a fresh thread.
Never too early for a big boy pants game which the Rangers played last night. Had some puck luck early and then settled in.
they weren’t perfect but you have to like the response not just from Lundqvist but the shuffled up lineup. Physicality cometh with Kampfer in there and Mika Zibanejad has been terrific thus far. Hope he continues to shoot the puck
thats all I have time for kids so HAV at it.